The best time of year to implement your New Year resolutions may not be when you think it should be. As a follow on from Moon Guidance, and easy ways to work with the cycles of the moon, here is one way to work with the Sun to help you get things done this year. This method is an extract from my first book, “A Dialogue with the Soul – Using Personality Archetypes to Access Inner Wisdom.”
Aries, the first sign of the zodiac, is the symbol of action, energy and drive. You can begin new projects or life style changes when the new moon is in Aries – between the 21st March and the 20th April. This time of every year is conducive to new beginnings since it marks the beginning of the astrological New Year.
Begin implementing changes when the new moon is in Aries and proceed as follows:
1. The New Moon: Fresh Beginnings.
The first quarter begins well if you draw on the qualities of Aries, then Taurus, followed by Gemini.
- Aries – begin assertively
- Taurus – value persistence
- Gemini – then learn versatility
2. The Second Quarter: Building Foundations.
The second quarter phase works well if you draw on the qualities of Cancer, Leo then Virgo.
- Cancer – build tenacity
- Leo – ignite passion
- Virgo – then work discriminately
3. The Full Moon: Highlighting Success or Failure.
The third quarter phase follows appropriately with the qualities drawn from Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius
- Libra – balance head and heart
- Scorpio – intensify effort
- Sagittarius – then aim idealistically
4. The Fourth Quarter Phase: Manifesting Outcomes.
This is the finalization stage that works well with the qualities of Capricorn, Aquarius and finally Pisces.
- Capricorn – strive ahead purposefully
- Aquarius – detach from the outcome
- Pisces – then dive deep and swim far
Watch for these phases to help you enhance your ability to co-create in harmony with the natural world. It will put you in a better position to move forward with your life.